This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Patch: Dwarf2 reader -vs- DW_OP_piece
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Jim Blandy <jimb at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 21 Feb 2002 16:23:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch: Dwarf2 reader -vs- DW_OP_piece
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Jim" == Jim Blandy <email@example.com> writes:
Jim> Can you explain what sorts of location expressions this is
Jim> supposed to help GDB handle?
Suppose a value spans multiple registers. Currently gcc encodes this
as DW_OP_reg for the first register. However, I believe that is not
fully correct according to the Dwarf-2 spec.
The gcc patch changes the output in this case to a series of
So previously gcc could generate this for a `long long' value (on x86
With the patch gcc will now generate: