This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfa:testsuite} Overhaul sizeof.exp
- From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- To: ac131313 at cygnus dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:43:26 -0600
- Subject: Re: [rfa:testsuite} Overhaul sizeof.exp
> Unfortunatly it doesn't address the x86 problem. Looking at
> printcmd.c:print_scalar_formatted() the function behaves differently
> when sizeof (host LONGEST) < sizeof (target type) (i.e. x86) :-( I
> think this a very long standing bug.
> The problem I guess is what to do short term with this part of the test.
My opinion is that if a test finds a bug, it is a good test. A really
great test causes the machine to reboot, catch on fire, and install
Windows XP from a Russian warez mirror.
Here is some policy from gcc:
I think this would be a good policy for gdb. What do you think?
I will re-run my test bed on the new patch shortly.