This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Patch: complete -vs- duplicates, take 2
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- Cc: fnasser at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 17 Feb 2002 11:49:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch: complete -vs- duplicates, take 2
- References: <email@example.com> <3C517C33.13B8A9D4@redhat.com> <2950-Fri25Jan2002204302firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <200202170910.LAA24675@is.elta.co.il>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Eli" == Eli Zaretskii <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Eli> But I'm still missing something: how do the other changes (in
Eli> cli-cmds.c) avoid removing duplicates twice? I see that you
Eli> added duplicate removal to cli-cmds.c, but how does that prevent
Eli> Readline from doing the same again? What am I missing?
Only the `complete' command calls the code in cli-cmds.c. readline
still calls line_completion_function, which still returns duplicates.
So the duplicate removal code is only run once in either case.