This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: PATCH: new "void" memory region attribute
- From: Greg McGary <gkm at kayak dot mcgary dot org>
- To: Michael Snyder <msnyder at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 13 Feb 2002 19:05:59 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: new "void" memory region attribute
- References: <email@example.com> <3C6B143A.47849E29@redhat.com>
Michael Snyder <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Greg McGary wrote:
> > Add "void" attribute, which disallows both read & write access. This
> > useful for guarding holes in a target's address space that cause the
> > system to hang when read/written.
> > OK to commit?
> I like it. Would you consider adding a test to the testsuite?
Surely. Thanks for the invite. Having never hacked the gdb testsuite
before, I look forward to sleuthing it out. 8^)
I'll post diffs for the test case, then commit the whole wad when