This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] make MIPS sim mips.igen model names one per line.
- From: fche at redhat dot com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
- To: cgd at broadcom dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 11 Feb 2002 16:18:47 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] make MIPS sim mips.igen model names one per line.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> So, right now, the mips.igen file names models supported by
> instructions in one of two ways:
> (i.e., one per line, or all MIPS ISAs in one line and the rest one per
> In our local source tree, we've converted it to use only the former
> form. I think it's the right thing from a maintainability (fewer
> conflicts/patched lines) and consistency perspective (should convert
> to be consistent one way or another).
I must admit I don't see the point of this specific grasp for
consistency. The single-line format allows compactness; the
multi-line format allows greps and other line-by-line source
manipulations. These are both useful in their place.
Have you actually encountered the maintainability issues you mention
([more?] "conflicts/patched lines")? Were they really troublesome?
Given the preferred use of context diffs, it doesn't seem like
is any less likely to get conflicts than