This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR gdb/290
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- Cc: ac131313 at cygnus dot com (Andrew Cagney), kettenis at chello dot nl,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 21:18:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR gdb/290
- References: <200202091936.LAA24545@atrus.synopsys.com>
Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.COM> writes:
|> For C89, I don't think it's legal though it may be reasonable to accept
|> as an extension; I don't know about C99.
The C99 standard is quite clear about this:
188.8.131.52[#1] A return statement with an expression shall not appear in
a function whose return type is void. A return statement without an
expression shall only appear in a function whose return type is void.
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, email@example.com
SuSE GmbH, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nürnberg
Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."