This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Function return type checking
- From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>
- To: Klee Dienes <kdienes at apple dot com>, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 14:32:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Function return type checking
- References: <DC23F3D0-1A1B-11D6-BA6D-0030653FA4C6@apple.com>
On Feb 5, 1:36am, Klee Dienes wrote:
> The following patch adds "expected return type" support to the target
> function call interface. The "expected return type" is specified
> using cast syntax; it is ignored if actual type information for the
> function is available. If no type information is provided for a
> function, the user is now required to provide an expected return type
> using the cast syntax, or get an error.
I've read through your explanation and the ensuing discussion to date.
Though I haven't reviewed the actual patch, I think this idea makes
sense and recommend that the maintainers give it serious