This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfa] Add ``Maintenance Commands'' appendix
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:35:12 +0200 (IST)
- Subject: Re: [rfa] Add ``Maintenance Commands'' appendix
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> Attached is a revised patch. It moves the ``maint info breakpoints''
> and adds a reference. it appears to work with texinfo 4.0*, texi2html
> (1.64) and pdftex. How does it look?
> Regarding a switch to ``makeinfo --html'' I think I'll put it on hold.
> I gave it a quick trial but tripped up on two points: I couldn't figure
> out where exactly it was putting the generated files (it wanted a
> gdb.html/ directory but put only index.html in it)
That's a bug in 4.0d; fixed in the next pretest that should be
available shortly (I'm told by the Texinfo maintainer).
> I found the
> generated pages too fine grained (down to a section not chapter).
It splits by nodes, so what's important is where are the @node
directives, not @chapter or @section. I think for a Web-based manual,
a node is the right split point, as chapters can be very large.