This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] stack.c: move address printing into hook (fwd)
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- To: Keith Seitz <keiths at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 15:39:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFA] stack.c: move address printing into hook (fwd)
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Of course, if you just mention to me how you'd like it to be solved, I
> would be more than happy to try to implement something to your liking...
The theory is simple.
The code building the stop message should be separate to the code
determining why the target stopped. That way the CLI and the MI/Insight
can each separatly query for the stop reason.
This in turn means that, for Insight, your logic can read:
when (target stopped event)
get stop reason
process stop reason
I think I've now attempted this three times and three times it has
beaten me :-( The way GDB constructs its stop info is totally screwed up.