This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA/RFC] Add i386_cleanup_dregs at program exit.
- From: Pierre Muller <muller at cerbere dot u-strasbg dot fr>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>, Pierre Muller <muller at cerbere dot u-strasbg dot fr>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 10:24:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA/RFC] Add i386_cleanup_dregs at program exit.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
At 10:20 09/01/2002 , Eli Zaretskii a écrit:
>On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Pierre Muller wrote:
> > The patch simply calls i386_cleanup_dregs
> > in breakpoint_init_inferior if context is inf_exited.
>Is this really necessary? Why do we need to propagate processor-specific
>issues into breakpoint.c?
Because there is no i386 common code that is called at program exit,
so otherwise this would need a much bigger change, with adding processor specific
mourn_inferior functions for OS that have a generic one
>I thought there was a simpler solution back when we discussed this.
>Something that would leave this issue where it belongs: in the
> > I have no idea if other processor might need a similar
> > cleanup of debug registers
>They probably don't, since we didn't hear anything from their users.
But they might wake up later....
Institut Charles Sadron
F 67083 STRASBOURG CEDEX (France)
Phone : (33)-3-88-41-40-07 Fax : (33)-3-88-41-40-99