This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] tracepoint.c
- From: Klee Dienes <klee at apple dot com>
- To: Michael Snyder <msnyder at cygnus dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 08 Jan 2002 04:46:17 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] tracepoint.c
- References: <200201080149.g081nHw00463@reddwarf.cygnus.com>
- Reply-to: Klee Dienes <klee at apple dot com>
Michael Snyder <email@example.com> writes:
> 2002-01-07 Michael Snyder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * tracepoint.c (tracepoint_save_command): From Klee Dienes --
> use tilde_expand and strerror for opening save-tracepoints file.
Just to make sure I understand the procedure I should be following:
Does this mean that I should re-submit a version of the
'save-breakpoints' patch with this change removed from it? Or does it
just mean that this part of the patch has been accepted, and I should
wait to hear from the other relevant maintainers before revising or
committing the rest of the save-breakpoint patch? If the latter, why
not just say "the changes to tracepoint.c are approved; please commit
them"? I don't mean this as complaint, just trying to make sure I'm
following the system properly.
Also, is there a formalized way to ping or somehow track already
submitted patches? We've got a number of other patches pretty much
ready to submit (the Objective-C patches being the most notable of
these), but since they depend on some of the patches already
submitted, I was hoping to get these resolved first. Should I just go
ahead and post them, with a note that they assume that some of the
already-submitted patches have been committed? This can get to be a
real mess eventually, as when I modify one patch in response to
feedback, I then have to go modify all the dependent patches. Or
should I just badger individual maintainers until the ones already
submitted have been resolved?
I realize the irony of showing up after years of code-divergence, and
then being in a big "rush rush rush" mode to get patches considered
for acceptance. But I'm sure we (the Apple GDB engineers) only have a
limited window of oppotunity before some other crisis comes up to
distract us, and I'm hoping to take as much advantage of this
opportunity to merge the sources as I possibly can.