This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Find and read symbol files after attach (linux)
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Michael Snyder <msnyder at cygnus dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, kettenis at science dot uva dot nl,kevinb at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 21:59:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Find and read symbol files after attach (linux)
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 04:40:00PM -0800, Michael Snyder wrote:
> [oops, hit send too soon...]
> This change allows GDB to find and read the symbol files (including
> all shared libraries) on Linux when you attach to an anonymous PID.
> It should work for all Linuxen, but for now I've only added it to the
> linux.mh and nm-linux.h files in config/i386. Please feel free to
> add it to your targets.
[without actually looking at it...]
(A) Is there any reason not to do it for all Linuxen in
(B) Why do we need /proc to do this? We should be able to use the
information in the link map - which we already access in solib-svr4.h -
to get all of this.
I've got nothing against adding linux /proc support, but I don't see
why it's needed for this.
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer