This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] allow darwin as cross compile host
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- To: matthew green <mrg at cygnus dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:59:21 -0800
- Subject: Re: [patch] allow darwin as cross compile host
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
matthew green wrote:
> hi folks.
> i needed this patch to correctly guess to use "macos", as
> configure.guess is giving me `powerpc-apple-darwin5.2'.
> OK to commit?
No, you don't want to use the "macos" host, since a) it's for
MacOS 7/8/9, and b) it's scheduled to be evaporated. Darwin
needs its own host file, which will resemble the FreeBSD config
more than anything else.