This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFA: char is unsigned on some architectures
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: Jim Blandy <jimb at zwingli dot cygnus dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:07:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: RFA: char is unsigned on some architectures
- References: <20011219224516.AA8665E9D8@zwingli.cygnus.com>
Jim Blandy wrote:
> ISO C specifies that `char' acts like either `signed char' or
> `unsigned char'. At the moment, GDB assumes that `char' is `signed
> char'. This patch allows the architecture to specify the correct
> answer, and sets the value correctly for the IBM S/390 architecture.
> 2001-12-19 Jim Blandy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * gdbarch.sh (TARGET_CHAR_SIGNED): New macro.
This new macro should be documented in gdbint.texinfo, I think.