This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFA: "maint print type" should print all the flag bits
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>, msnyder at redhat dot com, jimb at cygnus dot com, fnf at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:28:51 +0200 (IST)
- Subject: Re: RFA: "maint print type" should print all the flag bits
On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> I don't consider that fit for the User's manual.
I don't see why we should conceal the maint commands from users: what
damage can that possibly cause?
We also shouldn't second-guess what they need: it's perfectly possible
that some maint command could be useful to some user, somewhere. If
those commands aren't in the user manual, users will never find them.
OTOH, having these commands in the user's manual doesn't present any
disadvantage to the GDB developers.