This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFA: "maint print type" should print all the flag bits
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: msnyder at redhat dot com, jimb at cygnus dot com, fnf at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:28:14 +0200 (IST)
- Subject: Re: RFA: "maint print type" should print all the flag bits
On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> The maint commands are only useful if you're wandering around in the
I don't necessarily agree, but anyway, it doesn't really matter, IMHO.
What does matter is that someone who wants to find a description of a
command--any command--should know in what manual to look. Working
with more than a single manual at a time is not very convenient in
most Info readers.
Since the internals manual omits more than it describes, I expect
someone who messes with the internals to read the code more than the
manual. So having all the commands in one manual is more convenient
even for a GDB developer.