This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFA: "maint print type" should print all the flag bits
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- Cc: msnyder at redhat dot com, jimb at cygnus dot com, fnf at redhat dot com,gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:43:33 -0500
- Subject: Re: RFA: "maint print type" should print all the flag bits
- References: <Pine.SUN.3.91.1011211101713.19L-100000@is> <3C162900.288B@redhat.com> <7263-Tue11Dec2001192006firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 07:20:06PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 07:40:48 -0800
> > From: Michael Snyder <email@example.com>
> > Perhaps there needs to be a developers manual?
> That's a possibility. However, the number of maint commands is quite
> small, and hardly warrants a separate manual.
> How about having an Appendix where all maint commands would be
We have an internals manual, don't we? The maint commands are only
useful if you're wandering around in the internals. So why not say as
much in the user manual, and document them in the internals manual?
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer