This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Allow casting of object pointers for method calls
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- Cc: ac131313 at cygnus dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:12:34 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Allow casting of object pointers for method calls
- References: <200112031805.MAA10239@duracef.shout.net>
On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 12:05:18PM -0600, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
> The performance problem is hundreds of timeouts caused by:
> Reading symbols from /berman/fsf/_today_/berman/native/build/gdb/gdb_5_1-2001-07-29-branch/gdb/testsuite/gdb.base/funcargs...Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.
> (gdb) ERROR: couldn't load /berman/fsf/_today_/berman/native/build/gdb/gdb_5_1-2001-07-29-branch/gdb/testsuite/gdb.base/funcargs into /berman/fsf/_today_/berman/native/build/gdb/gdb_5_1-2001-07-29-branch/gdb/testsuite/../../gdb/gdb.
> I am going to re-pull, re-build, re-test.
I'm pretty sure that a patch for this was approved on mainline
You're not going to be able to use 5.1-branch with the output of GCC mainline
unless this is moved to the branch.
The branch is open again, right, Andrew? If so, this would be a good
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer