This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Allow casting of object pointers for method calls
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 12:58:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Allow casting of object pointers for method calls
- References: <200112031753.LAA08515@duracef.shout.net>
On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 11:53:28AM -0600, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
> I'm having trouble with gcc cvs mainline: gcc segfaults when
> compiling virtfunc.cc with either dwarf-2 or stabs. This is native
> i686-pc-linux-gnu on a red hat linux 7.1 system, with a gcc pulled
> on 2001-12-01.
> What v3 compiler are you using to test with?
Re-pull. Jason found a problem with his patch and didn't fix it until
sometime last night or this morning.
> I'd like to test your current patch, but I'm not ready to yet. My weekend
> test runs are not finished. gdb 5.1 branch + gcc cvs mainline + dwarf-2
> ran for 18 hours (ouch!)
Ouch! We might want to track where the performance problem there is.
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer