This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Bug with watchpoints on Linux
- From: Pierre Muller <muller at cerbere dot u-strasbg dot fr>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:17:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: Bug with watchpoints on Linux
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com>
At 19:25 21/11/2001 , Eli Zaretskii a écrit:
> > Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:01:59 +0100
> > From: Pierre Muller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > But at the second run, the program is never stopped because
> > of the changes to this global variable.
> > It seems like there is a problem with the hardware watchpoint
> > resetting.
> > I tested this on only one Linux machine,
> > but both the main and the 5.1 branches show this problem.
>The DJGPP port doesn't have this problem.
Nevertheless, according to my debug,
I expect that most targets using
i386 hardware watchpoints and
not calling i386_cleanup_dregs
will show this problem.
I think that this is a really nasty bug for
the i386 linux target for 5.1 release....
What do we do about this?
I proposed to add a call to i386_cleanup_dregs
for all targets using the standard
i386 hardware watchpoints, but
Eli seems still not convinced by my reports....
Institut Charles Sadron
F 67083 STRASBOURG CEDEX (France)
Phone : (33)-3-88-41-40-07 Fax : (33)-3-88-41-40-99