This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA/c++] Fix printing classes with virtual base classes
- From: Daniel Berlin <dan at cgsoftware dot com>
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- Cc: <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>, <jimb at zwingli dot cygnus dot com>, <drow at mvista dot com>, <gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com>, <kevinb at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 23:49:36 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [RFA/c++] Fix printing classes with virtual base classes
On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
> And I would be happy to run tests against v2 and v3 C++ compilers
> and report the results. Most of my time is only on weekends though.
> The trouble with the gdb C++ code is that it's not logic bugs, it's
> perverse data structures where each bug fix may not affect the
> test results much.
It's perverse logic combined with shoehorned data structures.
Or was that shoehorned logic combined with perverse data structures.
> So Jim's judgement is much more useful than
> my mechanical test results.
> Michael C