This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] patch for mips gdb build failure with latest gcc
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: fnf at ninemoons dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 01:30:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFA] patch for mips gdb build failure with latest gcc
- References: <200111180417.fAI4HtH30179@fishpond.ninemoons.com>
On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 09:17:55PM -0700, Fred Fish wrote:
> Gdb for mips does not currently build with the latest gcc. The error
> message is:
> In file included from support.c:26:
> sim-main.h:370: unnamed fields of type other than struct or union are not allowed
> The problem is an enum declaration inside a struct declaration, which
> is apparently now illegal. This patch fixes it.
> 2001-11-17 Fred Fish <email@example.com>
> * sim-main.h (float_operation): Move enum declaration outside
> of _sim_cpu struct declaration.
For the record, I'm pretty sure this is a bug in GCC, and I think it
may have been fixed on the trunk. How recent is your "latest" GCC?
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer