This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Update D10V target to use new Harvardized type casts.
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at cygnus dot com>
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, cagney at redhat dot com, jimb at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:21:36 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Update D10V target to use new Harvardized type casts.
- Organization: Red Hat
- References: <200111142057.fAEKvKB12616@reddwarf.cygnus.com> <3BF2E045.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andrew Cagney wrote:
> > This one-line change lets the D10V back-end recognize the new
> > Harvardized type casts eg. "(@code int *)", so that a pointer
> > can be forced into the address space of choice.
> > The exact same change can be used for (most) other Harvard back-ends.
> (I quit as d10v maintainer :-)
> Yes, looks ok.
> One thought, though, should that test:
> ... == FUNC || ... == METHOD || ... == CODE_SPACE
> be abstracted out? Every harvard target I've looked at has had that
> same test.
Possible. Although it's only a few lines, so far they have shaken out
as pretty generically useful. Can't think where they would go though...