This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfa/dejagnu] Work around cygwin / expect background problem
- To: Fernando Nasser <fnasser at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: [rfa/dejagnu] Work around cygwin / expect background problem
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:18:57 -0500
- Cc: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <3BF0135D.email@example.com> <3BF147E8.CDEF58C3@redhat.com>
On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 11:18:48AM -0500, Fernando Nasser wrote:
>Andrew Cagney wrote:
>> The attached patch tweeks dejagnu/lib/remote/exp so that it uses the
>> shell's background rather than the TCL background operator when trying
>> to kill a GDB that's gone wallkabout.
>> Turns out that expect on cygwin occasionaly and mysteriously die when
>> executing the TCL background. While the cygwin problems now appear
>> fixed, the problem is still out there in the field :-(
>> look ok (fernando I guess?),
>OK with me. But maybe you should say "on older versions of cygwin", or
>even on versions of cygwin older than <ask Chris>" in this comment:
I guess "some older versions of cygwin" would be correct. I don't know
exactly when this was fixed.