This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Cross solib support; viable at all?
- To: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at cygnus dot com>, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Subject: Re: Cross solib support; viable at all?
- From: Orjan Friberg <orjan dot friberg at axis dot com>
- Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 17:30:27 +0100
- CC: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Organization: Axis Communications AB
- References: <3BE94403.E6E8D454@axis.com> <1011107160205.ZM10237@ocotillo.lan>
Kevin Buettner wrote:
> GDB has a command called ``set solib-absolute-prefix'' which must be
> set to the path by which GDB can find the libraries on the target. So,
> for example, if the target's shared libraries reside on the host in
> /path/to/target/root/lib, you'd use the following GDB command in order
> for GDB to properly locate your libraries:
> (gdb) set solib-absolute-prefix /path/to/target/root
Ah, brilliant! This was the part I was thinking might need extensions
to the remote protocol, but mounting the target's file system from my
host gets around that problem (especially that of getting hold of the
target's dynamic linker).
Daniel, Kevin, and Michael: thank you all very much for helping me out.
Things suddenly got a whole lot clearer!
Axis Communications AB