This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Reading Linux core dumps in gdb for CRIS
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Subject: Re: Reading Linux core dumps in gdb for CRIS
- From: Orjan Friberg <orjan dot friberg at axis dot com>
- Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 10:14:59 +0100
- CC: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Organization: Axis Communications AB
- References: <3BE6DB12.3E8BAA29@axis.com> <20011105134207.A8916@nevyn.them.org>
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Are you reading the corefile in on the native debugger in the same way
> (with the same sequence of commands)? If you are, I'd be very
> surprised if it works - unless GDB doesn't parse the prologue on i386
Yes, same sequence of commands on native debugger: symbol-file,
core-file. Backtrace didn't work though.
> Don't use symbol-file; use file (or exec-file?) or specify the file on
> gdb's command line. Then we will open the file and map it, and
> everything will work out as expected.
Aah. I had a feeling I was barking up the wrong tree, and indeed I
was. Thanks a lot, it works fine now.
Orjan Friberg E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Axis Communications AB Phone: +46 46 272 17 68