This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Add support for "orig_eax" pseudo register on Linux/x86
- To: kettenis at wins dot uva dot nl
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add support for "orig_eax" pseudo register on Linux/x86
- From: "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 18:50:31 +0200
- CC: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <200111041409.fA4E9F107145@delius.kettenis.local>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
> Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 15:09:15 +0100
> From: Mark Kettenis <email@example.com>
> This patch adds a new "pseudo" register to i?86-*-linux-gnu targets.
> This isn't a real harware register, but it is exposed by the kernel.
> I need to be able to diddle with it to fix a bug with running a
> function from within GDB from an interrupted system call.
Shouldn't the users know about this register? If so, perhaps we
should describe it in the manual.