This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA]: simulator build failures with parallel make
- To: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: [RFA]: simulator build failures with parallel make
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 09:30:35 +0200 (IST)
- cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On 6 Apr 2001, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> > With gmake -j, the d10v, mn10200, mn10300 and v850 simulators can
> > fail to build because the generated header simops.h is included by
> > simops.c, but is not listed as a dependency for that file. [...]
> Another fix is ".NOTPARALLEL: *.o" :-)
This is not supported by all brands of Make which have a parallel
option. You should at least add ".NO_PARALLEL:". But even that doesn't
cover, e.g., the SGI Make.