This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB - Remote Serial Protocol
- To: vishal dot suresh at philips dot com
- Subject: Re: GDB - Remote Serial Protocol
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 11:16:25 -0700
- CC: gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: Red Hat
- References: <0056890025616905000002L952*@MHS>
> Hi GDB Team,
> Is there any documentation in the web on the remote serial protocol. I have found some documentation on what kind of messages the gdb sends to the stub but what I need is what does the gdb expect in return for the commands that it sends. i.e.
> the format of the message that need to be sent from the stub back to the gdb. Please indicate where I can find this info. I am trying to write a gdbstub in 'C'.
The gdb manual is on the web. The section you want starts here:
Also, you might benefit from looking at the code (gdb/remote.c), and
from looking at an example 'stub' such as gdb/gdbserver or any of: