This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Use `unsigned long' for Linux/x86 debug registers
- To: Mark Kettenis <kettenis at wins dot uva dot nl>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use `unsigned long' for Linux/x86 debug registers
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 13:04:44 +0200 (IST)
- cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> It just occurred to me that Linux/x86 should really be using `unsigned
> long' instead of `long' as the type for debug register values.
They should indeed be unsigned, but why `unsigned long' instead of
`unsigned int'? i386-nat.c uses the latter, and ia32 debug registers
are 32-bit wide.