This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA]: Apropos patch
- To: dan at cgsoftware dot com
- Subject: Re: [RFA]: Apropos patch
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:28:42 -0800
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, Fernando Nasser <fnasser at cygnus dot com>
- Organization: Core Tools, Apple Computer
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: shebs at apple dot com
"Daniel Berlin+list.gdb-patches" wrote:
> It includes documentation, a test case (which uses a slightly weird
> regexp so it only finds one thing, and we make sure it only found one
> thing), and all the apropriate changelog entries.
You're going to hate this, but now that I see the example in the manual,
I'm wondering why "prefix:" and "command:" are on separate lines?
Why not just imitate the syntax that comes out of the help command -
set symbol-reloading -- <help string>
show symbol-reloading -- <help string>
Another advantage is that users can then cut-n-paste from the apropos
output more easily.
> Let me know if i can check it in, i believe it needs approval from
> Stan Shebs, and Fernando Nasser.
Just needs approval from one of us, not both! I must confess to being
a bit mystified by the test though - why use "handle" as the match
string, and do I understand right, you're requiring that it be the
first output from apropos?