This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
path for gdb/dwarf2read.c, support 16-bit targets in dwarf-2
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: path for gdb/dwarf2read.c, support 16-bit targets in dwarf-2
- From: Stephane Carrez <Stephane dot Carrez at worldnet dot fr>
- Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 14:57:04 +0100
One part of the patch for dwarf2 correction with 16-bit target has
been lost. If you are still not convinced by the fix, have a look
at gas/dwarf2dbg.c in out_set_addr() where we obtain the address
size in a good way.
Can you integrate it?
2000-03-19 Stephane Carrez <email@example.com>
* dwarf2read.c (dwarf2_build_psymtabs_hard): Use
bfd_arch_bits_per_address to get the size of addresses.
--- /src/gnu/cygnus/gdb/gdb/dwarf2read.c Sat Mar 4 11:38:38 2000
+++ gdb/dwarf2read.c Sun Mar 19 14:10:49 2000
@@ -938,7 +938,7 @@ dwarf2_build_psymtabs_hard (objfile, mai
CORE_ADDR lowpc, highpc;
/* Number of bytes of any addresses that are signficant */
- address_significant_size = get_elf_backend_data (abfd)->s->arch_size / 8;
+ address_significant_size = bfd_arch_bits_per_address (abfd) / 8;
info_ptr = dwarf_info_buffer;
abbrev_ptr = dwarf_abbrev_buffer;