This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Patch: make "!" a command unconditionally
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Patch: make "!" a command unconditionally
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 23:01:21 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: tromey at cygnus dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <email@example.com><38BB5D9F.1A9BF1B3@cygnus.com>
>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Cagney <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Andrew> From memory this has been suggested before. The problem pointed out
Andrew> last time was that you need to specify:
Andrew> ``!'' <space> <command>
I suggested it last time but didn't supply a patch.
I agree it would be nice to eliminate the space.
That's probably more than a 20 second hack though :-(
Andrew> I think there also may have been a debate over ``!'' as a
Andrew> shell escape vs ``!'' for history. (personally it didn't
Andrew> worry me). Fernando?
This doesn't bother me either. For these kinds of tools "!" is more
typically a shell escape.
Speaking of history, I wish gdb would pick up bash's "C-o"