This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH RFA] testsuite changes needed for AIX 4.3
- To: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH RFA] testsuite changes needed for AIX 4.3
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:44:57 -0800
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: Core Tools, Apple Computer
- References: <1000215230816.ZM2175@ocotillo.lan>
- Reply-To: shebs at apple dot com
Kevin Buettner wrote:
> I hereby reqest approval for committing the following changes:
> * gdb.base/pointers.c (usevar): New function.
> (main): Make sure that global variables v_int_pointer2, rptr,
> and y are all referenced someplace in the program by calling
> usevar() on them. [Some linkers delete symbols which are
> never referenced. The space remains, but there's no way to
> get a (symbolic) handle on the variable from the debugger.]
> * gdb.base/scope.exp: For powerpc-*-*, xfail the same tests
> that rs6000-*-* does.
This looks reasonable to me, with the same question as Mark Kettenis
raises: are the xfails unconditional because the tests fail whether
xlc or gcc is used as the compiler? If they pass with xlc, then you
need to test gcc_compiled.