This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: patch for gdb.texinfo
- To: eliz at delorie dot com
- Subject: Re: patch for gdb.texinfo
- From: Dmitry Sivachenko <dima at Chg dot RU>
- Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 16:43:47 +0300 (MSK)
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
> > This sounds like 'I will not use C++ templates, because gcc 2.7 handles them
> > ugly and many users have that version installed'.
> And what's wrong with that, exactly? Is it bad to respect our users
> and not force them to upgrade just because we are excited with the hot
> new features?
> For many people and organizations, GDB is a tool, not a goal in
> itself. They want to install it and forget about the fact they
> installed a new version. The last thing they want is to have an
> avalanche of additional installations that come as a ``package deal''
> with GDB.
It is very unlikely for these people to remake gdb.dvi from gdb.texinfo...