This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: patch for gdb.texinfo
- To: dima at Chg dot RU
- Subject: Re: patch for gdb.texinfo
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at delorie dot com>
- Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 02:26:45 -0500 (EST)
- CC: gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, kettenis at wins dot uva dot nl, shebs at shebs dot cnchost dot com
- References: <200001301820.VAA60073@netserv1.chg.ru>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
> This sounds like 'I will not use C++ templates, because gcc 2.7 handles them
> ugly and many users have that version installed'.
And what's wrong with that, exactly? Is it bad to respect our users
and not force them to upgrade just because we are excited with the hot
For many people and organizations, GDB is a tool, not a goal in
itself. They want to install it and forget about the fact they
installed a new version. The last thing they want is to have an
avalanche of additional installations that come as a ``package deal''