This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: (patch) hpjyg09: bcache optimizations
- To: Jim Blandy <jimb at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: (patch) hpjyg09: bcache optimizations
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 01:57:05 -0700
- cc: Srikanth Adayapalam <srikanth at cup dot hp dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <firstname.lastname@example.org>you write:
> > While it is true that it is not tied to the microprocessor,
> > (and the placement of the macro is not ideal perhaps,) it is tied
> > somewhat to the HP-UX platform in that :
> Ahh. That, I didn't know. So it would be correct to put the flag in
> a file associated with a particular toolchain.
Not in this case. While HP's tools arrange (via pxdb) to avoid duplicates,
other HP toolchains do not.
Short term none of the GNU toolchains on the PA remove duplicates. That will
likely change for the PA64 toolchain (dwarf2 + elf), but it is unlikely to
ever change for the PA32 toolchain (stabs + som).
In general, if we find ourselves tuning towards one particular toolchain, then
we are probably going down the wrong road.