This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[RFC] Move/Rename include/wait.h ("wait.h")
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: [RFC] Move/Rename include/wait.h ("wait.h")
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 17:11:41 +1100
- CC: GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Organization: Cygnus Solutions
I'd like to put forward the proposal that the file ``include/wait.h'' be
o renamed to include/gnu-wait.h (?)
o moved to gdb/gdb-wait.h
The original purpose of the file was to fill in any missing macro's not
defined by <wait.h> and/or <sys/wait.h>. Unfortunately, because its
name clashes with <wait.h>, it can easily lead to confusion over which
header file (and sometimes the wrong header file) is being included.
I'd like to rename/move the file so that this problem goes away :-) My
preferred option is to move it to the GDB directory as gdb-wait.h since,
to the best of my knowledge, nothing else is using it.
Other than GDB is there any code that relies on this file?