This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFA: New builtin SIMD types
- To: Jim Blandy <jimb at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: RFA: New builtin SIMD types
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:57:17 +1100
- CC: gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: Cygnus Solutions
- References: <199911230015.TAA02070@zwingli.cygnus.com>
Jim Blandy wrote:
> These are types that an architecture's REGISTER_VIRTUAL_TYPE macro can
> use for its SIMD registers. As the comment explains, the names are
> inherited from GCC.
I sometimes wonder if there should be a REGISTER_VIRTUAL_NAME() so that
the 1:1 between physical and virtual register names is broken.
> *** 2968,2973 ****
> --- 2972,2985 ----
> /* Build SIMD types. */
> = init_simd_type ("__builtin_v4sf", builtin_type_float, "f", 4);
> + builtin_type_v4si
> + = init_simd_type ("__builtin_v4si", builtin_type_int32, "f", 4);
> + builtin_type_v8qi
> + = init_simd_type ("__builtin_v8qi", builtin_type_int8, "f", 8);
> + builtin_type_v4hi
> + = init_simd_type ("__builtin_v4hi", builtin_type_int16, "f", 4);
> + builtin_type_v2si
> + = init_simd_type ("__builtin_v2si", builtin_type_int32, "f", 2);
Looks like it's time for float types equivalent to the int32 et.al.
types. I've got to add some address types so I might add those as well