This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Patch: gdb -vs- Debian 2.0
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Patch: gdb -vs- Debian 2.0
- From: Jimmy Guo <guo at cup dot hp dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:54:55 -0800 (PST)
- cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Tom Tromey wrote:
>Jimmy> One more bit of information -- gdb used to compile on Linux
>Jimmy> Redhat 5.1 (the PC cannot be upgraded to more recent versions
>Jimmy> due to onboard SCSI controller <-> Linux driver problem), but
>Jimmy> some time ago quite recently I have to compile gdb on Linux
>Jimmy> Redhat 6.0, probably due to the same change Tom's patch is
>Jimmy> trying to fix.
>Was the problem that PTRACE_GETREGS was not defined? If so, then that
>is a slightly different problem, with a slightly different fix.
>PTRACE_GETREGS is defined on my machine, it just doesn't work.
Just tried a build on the Redhat 5.1 system ... yes,
PTRACE_(GET|SET)[FP]REGS were not defined.
- Jimmy Guo, email@example.com