This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Move symfile.c:generic_load()? Was: RFA: patch to remote.c for larger download packet support (part 1)
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Move symfile.c:generic_load()? Was: RFA: patch to remote.c for larger download packet support (part 1)
- From: fche at cygnus dot com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
- Date: 15 Oct 1999 12:39:27 -0400
- DJ-Gateway: from newsgroup cygnus.patches.gdb
- Newsgroups: cygnus.patches.gdb
- Organization: Cygnus Solutions
- References: <199910141510.IAA11643@andros.cygnus.com> <3806AB23.4E5910A6@cygnus.com>
Andrew Cagney <email@example.com> writes:
> The underlying reason for wanting to move it is that, as part of the
> cleanup, several new ``set ...'' variables will be added:
> o generic chunk size
> For a cap on the size of each
> download. [...]
You may want to impose an independent limit also for the purpose of
download-update messages to a GUI.
> o verify download
> To, at run time, enable/disable
> the verification of a download.
In the same vane, consider an "verify crc" option that uses the "qCRC"
packet instead of explicit reads.