Re: agenda 2006-09-19

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 07:15:45AM -0500, Rick Moseley wrote:
> Wu Zhou wrote:
> >Andrew, any minutes for this meeting?  (Sorry, I am asking for this
> >again.  :-)
> >
> >Here are some status from our side.
> >
> >Andrew Cagney wrote:
> >>upstream kernel and utrace - roland, cmoller
> >fc6 test3 can't be installed onto ppc64 at this time, we are
> >struggling to see if we can work-around that.  So we don't run any
> >test on utrace yet.  :-(
> >If the installation of fc6 can't be fixed in a couple of days.  We
> >will switch to rawhide to do the test.
> Hmmmm.  Interesting, I cannot install fc6 test3 on the
> x86_64(frysk.boston) machine that Elena sent to Huntsville.  I tried
> installing via CD and installing via the network and no go either way.
> It stalled every time when trying to format the root ("/") partition.  I
> tried setting up the partitions myself and also let it try to install
> the partitions itself, but no go.   :(

I installed FC6 Test3 on a ppc64 box for ttwwiiccee, but result is the
same, kernel could not boot after installation, like this,

VFS: Cannot open root device "sda3" or unknown-block(0,0)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(0,0)

Open a bug in redhat bugzilla, #207462.

--
Yao Qi