Re: remote dwarf info using libunwind

On Sep 12, 2006, Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> wrote:

Alexandre> Adding more stack frames gives it more stack space to sync
Alexandre> up, and then it does display function names correctly, but
Alexandre> it still fails to print file/line numbers.  I'm yet to
Alexandre> figure out why.

> I've got some more data for you.

Thanks.  Last night I found a very serious problem in my patch.  The
combination of libunwind-ptrace with our own ptrace stuff is not
working at all, it's just by sheer luck that we some accurate unwind
info.  Whenever libunwind attempts to read memory from the underlying
process (which it currently doesn't because I passed it the wrong
pid), it would crash because the argument to the callback data is to
the ptrace info only, not to the original pointer that contains
pointers to both unw-ptrace and frysk data.  So we lose.

I started working on a patch to mend that, but couldn't finish it last
night.  Will do today, I hope.

Secretary for FSF Latin America        http://www.fsfla.org/