This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the frysk project.
Re: Patch: minor efficiency improvement in Host
- From: Andrew Cagney <cagney at redhat dot com>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: Frysk Hackers <frysk at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:38:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: Patch: minor efficiency improvement in Host
- References: <email@example.com>
this works around a bug in gcj; it has been found to corrupt final
parameters used in nested classes.
Tom Tromey wrote:
Andrew got me cvs write access but I'm not comfortable simply
committing stuff yet. I'd prefer to get "ok"s for things more
complicated than typo fixes.
This patch makes a couple anonymous classes from 'Host' slight more
efficient. The compiler will already generate fields in an anonymous
class to capture 'final' variables from the method which are used in
the anonymous class body.
Having an explicit field is only needed if it will be modified in the
anonymous class. Otherwise we're just duplicating things for no benefit.
from Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Host.java (requestRefreshXXX): Remove extra field from anonymous
RCS file: /cvs/frysk/frysk-core/frysk/proc/Host.java,v
retrieving revision 1.40
diff -u -r1.40 Host.java
--- Host.java 7 Sep 2006 23:59:05 -0000 1.40
+++ Host.java 8 Sep 2006 00:15:18 -0000
@@ -176,12 +176,11 @@
* refreshing the internal structure to match. Optionally refresh
* each processes task list.
- public void requestRefreshXXX (final boolean refreshAllArg)
+ public void requestRefreshXXX (final boolean refreshAll)