Re: remote dwarf info using libunwind

On Sep  6, 2006, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sep  5, 2006, Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> wrote:

> What I don't know is why it's skipping the main() frame.

Tricky.  AFAICT libunwind won't fetch the unwind info from the vdso,
which is only available from the running process, using ptrace.  So it
makes some conservative assumptions to unwind the stack and loses.

Adding more stack frames gives it more stack space to sync up, and
then it does display function names correctly, but it still fails to
print file/line numbers.  I'm yet to figure out why.

Secretary for FSF Latin America        http://www.fsfla.org/