Re: Frysk minutes 20060905

Wu Zhou wrote:

libunwind: please test Alex patches. Andrew: to review. We can start
plug it into the sourcewindow, in the space reserved for it already.
The patches from Alex are not checked in yet. Please review and check
in asap.

We had a test. TestStackBacktrace works ok with this patch applied. But we have a concern that frysk-sys are using some synchronization mechanism to handle ptrace requests. This patch use ptrace directly. Is it possible some synchroinization problem might be introduced in?

Wu, good catch. Yes, the backtrace code cannot call ptrace directory; it will not work. All ptrace calls must be routed through the ptrace thread that Mike added.

Andrew