Re: frysk-sys/frysk/sys ChangeLog cni/Wait.cxx

Mark Wielaard mumbled something on 08/31/2006 06:35 AM:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 02:13 +0000, cmoller@sourceware.org wrote:
>
>> Log message:
>> 	Added code to send diagnostics to cmoller@redhat.com if the 0xff
>> 	condition is detected.
>>
>> +      // suppress local reporting of any 0xff status
>>

> Could you make it so that it also puts a diagnostic for the local user?
> I am happy to send you email if it occurs and I happen to see it, even
> though I am not in the moller/redhat.com domain.

You mean just leave out the if ((0xff & tail->status) != 0xff) condition
on processStatus?  Or use some other reporting technique for the local
user?  My thought was that since it may not be a real frysk error (e.g.,
it might be a kernel problem) there's no point in bugging the user about it.

But if you want to be notified somehow, that's fine with me.  If I just
omit that conditional, a runtime exception will be thrown.  Will that work?