Re: Are the java-gnome source zips used?

Stepan Kasal wrote:
Hello,
the -devel rpms for java-gnome in Fedora contain zip files with java
sources. Phil was surprised that it contains only these and not the
C jni sources. The description used to say that the sources are
useful in combination with Eclipse.
They might be for other people, but I never use them in Eclipse. What would you do with them in Eclipse?
Are these zips really used in practice by anyone?
I can't see where I personally would use them as I invariably have to go and get the native bits as that is where the work is being done. Again I'm not saying they are not useful, they might be. I was just surprised they did not contain all the (considerable) amount of C code. I understand the multilib issue, so the issue is pretty moot. I'll just use the src.rpm from now - that seems more suited for my tasks.

Regards

Phil