Are the java-gnome source zips used?

Hello,
  the -devel rpms for java-gnome in Fedora contain zip files with java
sources.  Phil was surprised that it contains only these and not the
C jni sources.  The description used to say that the sources are
useful in combination with Eclipse.

Are these zips really used in practice by anyone?

I apologize if this is a silly question.  I'm about to do handle some
problems in multilib packaging generated by these zip, and I'd like
to check that the work is useful.

Stepan Kasal