This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the frysk project.
Re: About the GUI blankness problem
- From: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon at redhat dot com>
- To: Wu Zhou <woodzltc at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: ezannoni at redhat dot com, frysk at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:30:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: About the GUI blankness problem
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
We had to use the GUI through vnc because all our
ppc64 machines are headless (this is to save expense).
We ever suspect the problem lies in vnc too, but
don't figure out any way to verify.
The quickest way is to find a PPC64 that has a display attached to it,
and test it there locally. A secondary test would be to run a remote
session of Frysk via SSH and test that (ie ssh into the ppc64 box with
ssh -X). Both of those would work around the need of vnc?